Chocolate-covered Coconut Heaven
- Raw Chocolate
- 1/2 cup cacao butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 4-5 tablespoons of maple syrup OR Monk fruit sweetener (for Keto version)—please taste and adjust accordingly, you might need a bit more if you have a sweet tooth.1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 pinches mesquite powder (optional)
- pinch Himalayan salt
- Coconut Heaven Filling:
- 1 Cup raw almonds
- 1 Cup raw pecans
- 2 cups raw almond butter
- 1/2 Cup maple syrup OR coconut syrup
- 2 cups coconut butter
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon OR 2 drops of cinnamon essential oil (www.mydoterra.com/veronikasoares)
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Step 1 For the filling, in a food processor, pulse raw almonds and pecans until they are chunky and transfer to bowl.
- Step 2 Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Step 3 For the chocolate, place cacao butter in a bowl and place over pot with some water. This creates a double boiler method to melt the cacao butter at a low temperature. Bring it to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer. Once melted add all remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Step 4 Let it cool to almost a room temperature.
- Step 5 Use a silicone or chocolate molds (I used a silicone ice cube tray from Ikea), spray with coconut oil (or brush it on) to prevent sticking. Fill the mold half way with chocolate sauce and place in the freezer for 10 mins to allow it to harden
- Step 6 Place a teaspoon of coconut heaven filling then cover with some more chocolate. Place in the freezer for about an hour and voila!]
- Step 7 Keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.