Loaded Spaghetti Squash Boats
Looking for delicious low-carb supper ideas? We present to you “Loaded Spaghetti Squash Boats” .
- For the Squash
1 medium spaghetti squash, halved, seeds removed
- 4 T olive oil
- ½ t cumin
- ½-1 t chili powder
- Salt to taste
- For the stuffing
1 lbs grass fed ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 carrot (optional), diced into small cubes
- ½ C mushrooms, finely chopped (optional)
- ½ zucchini, grated
- 2 t Tex Mex seasoning or Taco seasoning
- 1/8 C tomato sauce or Marinara (can also substitute with ½ C of diced cherry tomatoes)
- 1/8 C olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼-1/2 C old cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- Step 1 For the squash
Preheat the oven to 400F. Line the baking tray with foil or parchment paper.
- Step 2 Drizzle each half of the spaghetti squash with olive oil (2 T per each half), sprinkle with cumin, chili powder and salt
- Step 3 Place on the baking dish face down and bake for 30 minutes in the oven, meanwhile prepare the ground beef.
- Step 4 For the stuffing
In a large frying pan heat up the oil over medium high heat.
- Step 5 Add onions, garlic and carrots and stir until onions are transparent and carrots are slightly softened (about 5 minutes)
- Step 6 Add the remainder of the ingredients EXCEPT for cheese and season to taste
- Step 7 Break the ground meat with a spatula into small pieces and allow to cook thoroughly about 12 minutes
- Step 8 Set the meat aside.
- Step 9 With a fork, remove the spaghetti squash and place it into a small bowl, add meat to it and mixed together.
- Step 10 Load the spaghetti squash shells with the meat and squash mixture evenly divided, top with cheese (optional)
- Step 11 Broil in the oven for 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted and enjoy