Strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups
If you are looking for a simple and a healthy snack for kids (or yourself) try these delicious strawberry roll-ups. Switch it up by using any other berry and enjoy a variety of flavours.
- 3 cups of fresh strawberries (or any other berry) *if using frozen, make sure to thaw out first
- 2-3 Tablespoons of unpasteurized/raw (for extra health benefits) honey
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, strained
- Step 1 Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend for 1-2 minutes until everything is well combined and the mixture is smooth
- Step 2 Pour about 1.5 Cup of strawberry mixture onto the dehydrator sheet (9×9) lined with dehydrator liner or parchment paper. Spread it about 1/4 inch thick. *** if you spread it thinner, roll ups will take shorter time to dehydrate, so keep an eye on them.
- Step 3 Dehydrate in the dehydrator at 130F for 6 hours (dehydrating it for longer will make the roll up into a harder candy – so try it both ways and see what you like more)
- Step 4 ***Please note you can also use an oven for this if you do not have a dehydrator, pour the mixture onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper, spread 1/4 inch thick and set the oven to the lowest setting (140-170F- depending on the oven), dehydrate for 4-6 hours.
- Step 5 Once you achieve desired consistency, cut into 1-2 inch ribbons and roll it up. Store in a zip lock bag in a fridge (if it will last that long)
- Step 6 Enjoy